I often receive a lot of compliments on my skin and questions about my routine, I tell them Oil Cleanse! Yes even if you have oily, acne prone or even dry skin, Your Skin will respond Great to an Oil Cleanse!
What is an Oil Cleanse?
The skin care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry, yet the most effective and inexpensive way to cleanse you skin comes right from Mother Nature. Oil cleansing is cleansing and moisturizing your skin using natural oils in specific combination and steam. This method is very effective on all skin types; and with consistent cleansing, the skin will remain clear, nourished, smooth and glowing!
The skin naturally secretes oils or sebum. Oil cleansing balances the skin’s natural oils, reducing the need for the skin to produce its own oils. By using natural oils, you can gently cleanse your pores of dirt and bacteria, all while effectively replacing the dirty oil with nutritious ones extracted from natural Mother Nature. Oil cleansing naturally clears the skin from common conditions like excess oil, dry skin, acne, spots, wrinkles, fine lines and more. Oil cleansing will always leave the skin healthy, balanced and properly moisturized.
Supplies to Oil Cleanse:
Try Oil Cleansing and See The Positive Results On Your Own Skin!
- Wash Cloth
- Steaming water (either in shower, at sink or with a bowl)
- Gaia’s Gold Herbal Body Butter or Liquid Gold Oil Using Gaia’s Gold Products makes Oil Cleansing super easy because you do not have to worry about measurements when blending the right combination of oils because it’s already done for you. Even better you already use it all over your body and possibly in your hair anyways.
- If you are not using Gaia’s Gold Products to oil cleanse, You may use Any Natural Oil to oil cleanse. It may take a couple of tries to figure out what blend of oils works best for your skin. You will find some oils to be thick and need to be paired with thinner co-oil. Some oils are also very drying by themselves so make sure you have done your research on the oils your are using before oil cleansing. Depending on the type of oils you are using and how many you are using, experiment with small batches using a teaspoon or two of each oil working up to bigger measurements. Adjust the ratio as needed when you see how your skin responds to different oils. Some common oils used are castor oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, safflower, hazelnut and almond oil.
How To Oil Cleanse:
- On a dry face, massage a quarter size amount of the oil blend into your hand and onto the skin using smooth circular motions for at least one to two minutes or until you are sure that the oil has saturated your skin. This will also remove make-up very effectively, so there is no need to remove make-up first. You can even leave the oil on the skin for up to 10 minutes for a deep cleaning.
- If washing face at the sink or with a bowl place a clean washcloth in hot water until it is completely soaked anquickly wring it out. Open it and place the steaming wash cloth on your face. This will allow the oil to work with the steam and remove any impurities in and on the skin. Leave the wash cloth on for about a minute, or until it cools. Repeat if needed by wetting the wash cloth and using the other side.
If steaming face in the shower, remain in the shower with the oil on the face until the very end of the shower.
- Use the washcloth to gently whip the oil off the face. A thin layer of oil on the skin will remain so no moisturizer will be needed, but you may add some more Gaia’s Gold Herbal Body Butter or another all natural moisturizer for added moisture and protection.
Some Tips For When You Oil Cleanse:
- It will take about a week for your skin to remove its impurities so give your skin a break from harsh chemical products to speed up the process to clear skin!
- Make sure to keep your bathroom/shower floors clean to avoid any possible slips and falls.
- If possible use only organic oils to ensure you are getting all the nutrition your skin deserves.
- 2-4 oils is a good number combination of oils.
- If mixing oils yourself, experiments will be required so make sure to start with small batches first.
- Using a microfiber wash cloth is very gently on the skin.
- You can oil cleanse your whole body for maximum healing and protection!
Protect Yourself and Family by using products from Organic Skin Care Companies like
Our products are handmade and only contain the rich nutrients from naturally derived herbs and oils from Mother Nature.